Advisera is a leading online provider of compliance software, toolkits and courses for small businesses – we cover GDPR, MDR, AS9100, IATF 16949, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, and other major ISO standards. We sell the products globally, and the main markets are North America, Europe, and Australia. The company was founded 10 years ago, and today is one of the leading websites in our industry. From the very beginning we have operated remotely, in fact, all our staff works from home.
The compliance market is growing rapidly since more and more industry standards and regulations are published – because of their complexity, it is challenging for smaller companies to implement them without expert help.
Our mission is to make complex frameworks easy to understand and simple to use. During these ten years, we have pushed this principle to perfection – our clients find our products straightforward to understand and easy to use, which sets us apart from our competitors.
About the Position
We are looking for a seasoned sales and marketing executive to lead our sales and marketing team and efforts, as our Chief Marketing Officer. This position will be reporting into our CEO. Preferably you will have past experience scaling a B2B software or services company. It is ideal if you have experience with both sales and marketing strategies and execution. You have to be adept at combining both tactics used for attracting small businesses (with marketing) up to enterprise-scale companies (with sales). And, for managing many customer personas (e.g., companies, consultants, individuals) buying multiple products (e.g., courses, software, services) across multiple industries, roles and international regions. Having past experience with a business selling globally would be helpful here.
You will be responsible for leading our sales and marketing team, including setting all strategies, budgets and execution plans. This includes all branding, selling, marketing, creative, advertising, social media, publicity, business development, product marketing, martech and analytics related activities of the company. Must have past experience operating in a similar capacity inside another software-as-a-service technology or business services company, preferably one selling the same roles and departments requiring compliance services. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of growing a business from $5MM to $50MM in revenues in a few year period of time, and knows the strategies and pitfalls to avoid in a rapid growth startup environment.
This is a full time role, working from your home. We are open to candidates from all regions, but preferable if in a similar European time zone (or willing to work during such hours). Candidates with the right skillsets in the eastern time zone of the USA are encouraged to apply.
- Working as part of the senior executive team of the company
- Leading and managing the team members in the department
- Managing all marketing activities--brand, media, events, social media, etc.
- Making sure the company hits is annual sales targets and marketing objectives
- Tracking industry, competitor, technology, client and consumer trends in our space.
- Setting long-term and short-term department level strategies and budgets
- Setting up business development relationships with third party partners
- Collaborating with the product team in designing our long term product road map
- Playing a cheerleader role inside the organization
- Recruiting and motivating an expanding team as the company grows
- Developing smart, compelling and convincing client presentations/templates.
- Support the sales team to assist them in closing sales.
- Building strong relationships with our clients.
- Collaborating with all other cross-department stakeholders inside the company.
- A data-first, analytical approach to all decisions and reporting.
- Limited travel will be required for this role.
- At least 10 years of senior-level sales and marketing experience inside a fast-growing technology or business services company (preferably with experience around compliance products).
- Past experience with building and scaling a sales organization, process and incentive plan
- Past experience with building a brand and setting creative strategies
- Past experience with customer acquisition marketing and lead nurturing in the SMB and enterprise B2B space, including managing outside agencies
- Past experience with customer retention marketing
- Past experience with all logical B2B marketing tactics (e.g., search, social, content, email, PR, events, biz dev)
- Past experience with building department level processes and procedures from scratch
- Strong references that can validate your role in your past companies’ successful growth
- Stellar communication skills: you are articulate and concise – both verbally and in writing.
- Fluency with Hubspot as your primary management tool
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university.
- Experience leading a startup company through a high-growth phase.
- Ability to lead and provide direction to other members on the team.
- Good strategic business acumen with clear vision.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
- Good team player with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Strong relationship building skills with clients and partners.
- Ability to “roll up your sleeves” and get the job done.
- Results driven and proactive self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with clients and across internal departments.
- Strong client-service orientation.
- Well-organized to manage projects to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines.
Why you should apply
- Working with a high-growth leader in our space
- Competitive base pay plus incentives
- 100% remote work, from your home
- Flexible work schedule
- Working with an international team
- You are up for the adventure of working within a startup environment
- Salary in $125,000-$175,000 range, based on experience.
- Performance based bonus for up to 20% more.
- Opportunity for stock options or other similar incentives, over time.
- Vacation time and other incentives after six month anniversary.